Processing JSON with DB2 and RPG
IBM has done some great things that allow DB2 to process JSON objects. This session shows you “Tips and Tricks” to make your life easier when you start working with JSON data. After a short discussion of the HTTP functions that have been added to SYSTOOLS and how they can be used with the JSON_TABLE Function, Jim shows the attendee how to work with the SYSTOOLS.HTTPGETCLOB and JSON_TABLE Functions to consume an API returning a JSON object. If you have tried using these functions many have problems writing the correct SQL/JSON path expressions to extract the data and represent it in a relational table. Jim will help the attendee understand this process with solid examples.
- Developers needing clear examples of SQL/JSON path expressions with DB2
- Improve developers understanding of SQL/JSON path expressions with DB2 and JSON
- Improve developers understanding of how to use HTTP functions in SYSTOOLS
- Improve developers understanding of how to use JSON_TABLE functions
IBM i Developers wanting to get started with or improve their programming skills using SQ/JSON/RPG and API’s
Why Should you attend the session?
- Want working examples of using DB2 Tools to process JSON
- You’ve struggled with the available JSON documentation
- Want clear examples of SQL/JSON path expressions with DB2
- Free formatting and validation JSON tools
- Using the JSON_TABLE Function
- Using the SYSTOOLS.HTTPGETCLOB Function