Replacing your retiring RPG Developers is simpler than you think. With our training, a new hire or an existing employee with knowledge of your business, could be an ideal solution!
This is an instructor led RPG class, upon completion the student will understand the latest RPG techniques. Each section covers two chapters of Jim’s “Programming in ILE RPG” 5th edition textbook. The course is comprised of a combination of lectures, quizzes, programming examples, and programming assignments. Students are invited to attend live WebEx meetups once a week to ask questions during the course.
Class duration varies and is based on student activity – maximum of 10 weeks.
- Some familiarity with the IBM i operating system
- Programming experience with other modern languages
- Some experience with relational databases and SQL
New to IBM i? No Problem! Enroll in our IBM i Concepts and Operations class to ensure your success.
Group Discounts Available
• Rational Developer for i concepts and debugging
• Free RPG operation codes
• Subprocedures, Modules and Service programs
• SQL – Using Dynamic and Static in RPG programs
• Date and String handling using BIF’s
• Interactive programming concepts (CRUD and Subfiles)
• Using Web Services and Service programs to take applications to new UI’s
Rational Developer for i 9.6 – IBM’s standard development environment – FREE 120 DAY VERSION
IBM Access Client Solutions – IBM’s Java based IBM i Interface
Education is a 100% tax deduction! Schedule a call with your IT Manager, yourself and our on boarding counselor to go over the options.
Flexible Schedule: Allows the course completion within 10 weeks at your own pace
Efficient Learning: Two semester's worth of material completed in a ten week course
Complete Experience: Live weekly meetups with Jim for a real classroom feel
Accountability Measures: Graded assignments, quizes and bi-monthly progress reports